I was in the mood for lasagna, and just happened to have a box of lasagna that I’ve had no clue what to do with. I settled for a broken lasagna toss, which is basically lasagna without the layering. You just toss everything together. But I had an interesting problem.
The lasagna noodles were no boil. I couldn’t find any cooking instructions on them. There was nothing. So how to cook something that is supposed to cook in an oven without cooking it in the oven?
Boil them anyway! I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it did, and I didn’t notice any difference.
Broken Lasagna With Tomatoes
Adapted From Cook 1.0 by Heidi Swanson
- 1 pound lasagna noodles (any kind will do)
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup toasted bread crumbs
- 1 pound ground beef*
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls basil, slivered (optional)
- Boil the pasta according to the package intructions. If using no boil lasagna, cook until tender.
- While pasta is cooking, brown meat in skillet and drain fat when done. *If you’re vegetarian, leave the beef out or use your favorite “beef” crumbles.
- Drain the pasta and return to pot over medium heat.
- Stir in olive oil, the tomatoes and the ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in bread crumbs and basil.
- Serve immediately.