I have a confession to make. I love eating breakfast for dinner. And I have no problem eating dessert for breakfast. If eating a meal at the “wrong” time of day can be done, I’ll totally do it.
I’ll admit that I didn’t make this for breakfast. I did, since it is a breakfast food. But I didn’t make it in the morning, because I give myself just enough time to take a shower and eat a quick bowl of cereal or something before going to work. I really wanted something more than cereal that I could just heat up.
So I decided that it was time to make chorizo and eggs. I really like that the recipe is for 2, because I didn’t have to worry about halving it or having leftovers. And I had just enough for the recipe, so it all worked out. It was so easy to make, and I’ll definitely be making more! I might even double it next time…
Chorizo and Eggs
Adapted from Aggie’s Kitchen
- 1 package soyrizo (or 2 links fresh chorizo)
- 4 eggs, whisked
- shredded cheese (Mexican blend or cheddar)
- hot sauce
- chopped tomatoes or chopped onions (both are optional)
- Cook soyrizo until you get the color/texture you want. If using real chorizo, cook until it is no longer pink.
- Add eggs and as much cheese as you want, and scramble until it is cooked all the way through.
- Serve with hot sauce, tomatoes and onions and enjoy!