I did a little bit of cooking over the weekend. Which means I chopped up some vegetables and dumped it in the crock-pot to cook for 8 hours. I figured it was time to dust off the crock-pot since it’s been a while since I’ve used it.
I saw this recipe for Albondigas ages ago, and wanted to make it, but I kept putting it off. But yesterday, I decided it looked pretty good, and I had some ingredients I wanted to use up. It was really good, even though I couldn’t taste the mint. Which is probably because I used fresh mint instead of the dried kind. Or maybe I didn’t add it at the right time or something. Either way, it still tasted great, and I’ll be making it again!
Adapted from Crockpot 365
- 1 quart vegetable or chicken stock
- 3/4 cup baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup baby carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup pasta or pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 15-18 frozen meatballs of your choice (Italian-flavored or something similarly flavored)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Add stock, vegetables, pizza sauce, and mint to the crock-pot.
- Stir in frozen meatballs.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, stir in peas.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy!