A lot of people do required reading, so I thought I’d do my take on that, with required cooking. Or menu planning, if you will. I like the idea of required cooking.
Here’s what I plan on making this month:
- Cheesy Beefy Mac, from Never Enough Enough Thyme
- Browned Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats, from the Joy The Baker cookbook
- Peanut Butter Birthday Cake (because I never made one for myself last month), from the Joy The Baker Cookbook
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes, from the Joy The Baker cookbook
- Cookie Cheesecake Bars, from Betty Crocker’s Best Baking Recipes magazine
- Coconut Swirl Brownies, from Betty Crocker’s Best Baking Recipes magazine
- Chocolate-Glazed Pecan Pie Bars, from Betty Crocker’s Best Baking Recipes magazine
So, right now, it’s focused on baking, because I’m still waiting to pick up Supernatural Cooking by Heidi Swanson from the library, so I’ll be cooking from that cookbook this month.
Speaking of required reading, though, I’m almost finished with Candyfreak, which is an interesting read. I’ll either post a link to my review or talk about it here when I finish it. Maybe even both. I think it’s time to make to sure I have all the ingredients I’ll need, so I’ll have to make a list and head to the store. It’ll be fun deciding what I should make first.