So, there was not a lot of cooking going on in the month of June. However, I have a plan for the month of July that I hope will work better than the one for June.
I’ve come up with a total of 8 recipes: 4 baking and 4 cooking. I have the intention of baking one thing and cooking one thing each week.
Here’s what I’m cooking:
- Shells with Fresh Tomato-Tarragon Sauce, from the July/August issue of Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine
- Farro Spaghetti, from the July/August issue of Everyday With Rachael Ray magazine
- Sausage with Garlic Lentils, from Rachael Ray’s Big Orange Book
- Cold Chicken Satay Noodles, from Rachael Ray’s Big Orange Book
And here are my baking plans:
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes, from the Joy The Baker Cookbook
- Peanut Butter Birthday Cake, from the Joy The Baker Cookbook
- Browned Butter Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats, from the Joy The Baker Cookbook
- Cookie Cheesecake Bars, from The Better Crocker Baking Magazine
Clearly, I’m inspired by Joy the Baker and Rachael Ray this month, but that’s okay with me.
Now, onto something important. I’ve been thinking about the twice-a-week posting schedule. I like it, and since I’ll be making a couple things a week, I’m going to stick with that. However, posts may be on the Monday/Friday schedule, but they might not be. I’ll be blogging twice a week, I just don’t know which days. The Monday/Friday thing isn’t working too well for me, so I want to see how a much more flexible posting schedule works out. I’ll actually have 3 posts this week: this one, plus two others, so I’ll be back with something yummy to share!