I love cheesecake bars because it’s cheesecake, bite-sized!
I wasn’t sure how they’d turn out, because I’ve had mixed results with this magazine. The only problem I had was that the cream cheese mixture didn’t pour over the cookies and crust really well, so it had a cookies and cream kind of appearance. Which is what it tasted like, come to think of it. So while it doesn’t look very pretty (or in nice layers like it did in the magazine), they taste really good!
I think next time I make these, I’ll mix the cookies and the cheesecake together. Or maybe I’ll add the cookies to the crust. I crushed them by putting the cookies into a plastic bag and using a rolling pin.
Cookie Cheescake Bars
Slightly adapted from Betty Crocker Best Baking Recipes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo’s
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 cups of flour, the brown sugar and butter on medium speed.
- Press mixture into ungreased 13×9 inch pan for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour and the eggs until thick and fluffy.
- Sprinkle cookies over the crust, then pour the cream cheese over the cookies.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until the topping is set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then refridgerate for about an hour, or until firm.